Today was probably just a dream but I will act like it was reality

Tuesday July 16th... you were memorable! I remember this morning waking up and thinking it was going to be a good day like any other, but it was better than expected. I looked at my journal entries back from over a year and a half ago and darn has my life already changed so much? From friends and acquaintances getting married, going on missions, and having children it’s incredible to see how powerful this next generation of people will be. I am determined that they will change the world.

Not only my outlook on this whole world brought me such a grateful heart today. I was taking  my dog for a walk this morning and as I got back Isaac was waiting for me in my house. He came up to me and gave me a great big hug and said  Kenzie, they finally came, my mission papers came! I was in shock. Even though we had been waiting for this moment for over 2 years I was not prepared for my reaction to his great news. I even looked at him tonight and said please pinch me, this was all a dream right?

After he opens his papers tomorrow everything will change. My head will probably be spinning and I will be a fountain of emotions until he leaves and then I will be gushing out tears for a while after that. But soon, my best friend will be serving and changing the world and I will be stuck here trying to change my outlook on life and have a more positive and grateful outlook. I have played my role in his life for now. He has fulfilled his purpose in my life so far and has not let me stop living my best life. I couldn’t deal with this huge change without his comfort and determination to do Gods will. After all, the mission was the plan for his life. Wherever he goes he will be where he needs to be. And I will be ok with that. I will be okay. ( Just please God keep him safe while he’s serving you. Thanks.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm almost there! (Or so I think)

Promised